Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lindsay Messina's Dedication to Fitness


Firery Dedication

Winning the Fitness America Pageant for some is the culmination of years of training, competing and sacrifice. But for reigning champion Lindsay Messina it was something more and special among her already successful athletic and career achievements. She's explains, "Being among the Top Five at Fitness Universe was an honor. Being crowned Ms. Fitness America is a complete fulfillment of joy and thrill."

The New York personal trainer was a nationally ranked high school sprinter ran track for 6 years and still holds many records. Lindsay's early athletic dedication helped to develop discipline in other aspects of her life especially in her work ethic. "During the week I train 15 clients on a regular basis, teach 3 classes a week consisting of boot camp, circuit training and full body lifting," Lindsay said. "I also help women with all types of concerns from family to living a healthy lifestyle through emails, phone consultations or one on one meetings".

But, the 5'2", 110 lbs., 24 year old fitness star credits her mother for setting for creating the right environment and Lindsays says, "As I grew up, my mom had a full time job, had three kids to take care for, a house to clean which she did twice a day, took us everywhere - sports, friends house, the mall - you name it and always helped with our homework. She was a Super Mom and definitely is my personal role model." Linday's training regimen is intense "I workout 5-6 days a week and always switch my routines.

Mondays - Boxing with a heavy bag; Leg workout with high reps and low weights. Tuesday - Jump rope with a full body workout with heavy weights, 8-10 reps. Wednesday - Functional and plyo training with no weights, all explosive exercises (ex. jump squats, split lunges, exploding push ups, planks).
Thursday - Boxing with a heavy bag and all core strengthening. I do planks, tuck jumps, abs with the medicine ball and leg raises.
Fridays - Cardio either outside or on the treadmill and interval sprints. If I'm on the treadmill, I do one minute intervals for 30 minutes and finish-up with the Stairmaster for 15 minutes.

Outside I do an hour run within the hour. I also do hill sprints for 30 minutes. Saturdays - I take a spinning class and do an upper body workout. Lats, rear delts, and lower back. Sunday Off!" Lindsay has become a media darling having appeared on numerous fitness magazine covers, profiles, commercials, advertising campaigns and yet speaking with her, you quickly get the impression that its just the beginning for her. "I want to be a writer for nationally ranked fitness magazines, land some more covers, host any type of fitness related shows, own my own workout facility, have my own line and write a Book". Whewww!

But Lindsay says that her ultimate goals are more lofty. "I really want to become a role model for women to be natural and reach every goal which they set there minds. And, ultimately, I want to have a family and live a happy life". Lindsay's career is already meteoric and will continue to climb. And, she's taking off this season to focus on her commercial career. But with her competitive athletic spirit, discipline and dedication, look forward to seeing her back on the competition stage again soon.
blog comments powered by Disqus