Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kicking Cousins


Two of the hottest new competitors on the Fitness Universe Tour are cousins with similarities more than most sisters. Jessica Kenney & Sarah Cincotta started competed last season and relied heavily upon their high school and collegiate cheerleading experience. Both ladies have ramped up their competition regimen this season with outstanding performances at the recent Atlantic. And at the Capitol shows Jessica won her class and overall Ms. Bikini crown!

Jessica is from South Boston and a graduate of Assumption College where she earned her masters degree. She's currently a pediatric occupational therapist. Sarah is wealth manager from Bedford, Massachusetts, and graduated from Bentley College. Both competitors are avid yoga enthusiasts and
include it in their training. Both ladies are married and wanted to continue competitive performance athletics after college, so fitness competitions were the natural choice. Jessica explains, " To me, competing in Fitness America was the only choice. I love the fit and feminine and attainable look that it asks for. I can still have a life and compete too!"

But the mutual support of competing together makes the experience even more worthwhile, attests Sarah. " Our Moms are sisters and I feel like we are too! Competing is incredible! I only wish I had started sooner!" But, her ambitions and reasons for competing are even more personal. "Since my husband was in Iraq a while ago, this would have been a great way for me to set goals and take my mind off of things! I am here to stay. I have caught the competition bug"

Both Jessica and Sarah currently train with Savage Performance Training which focuses on fitness routines and are preparing for the Fitness Universe Pageant in Miami. But nothing motivates them more than training and competing together. Says Sarah, "I love competing with Jess. She was also a cheerleader so her tradition of performance and showing a positive spirit continues."
blog comments powered by Disqus