Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brian Cannone's Fitness Atlantic


Dear Fellow Athlete,

As president of the FitnessAtlantic.com Championships I cannot tell you how excited I am for this year's event. This is going to be a year that will offer great opportunities for the athletes! First I would like to thank all of the current athletes and spectators and anyone that has supported me and my event over the years. FitnessAtlantic.com is a childhood dream I had envisioned and because of you and guidance from many important people that dream has become a reality.

Every child has a dream and someone or something emotionally affects all kids. Some kids take a liking to baseball, football, golf or tennis and a even smaller percentage of kids might find a hero they admire in their chosen sport. However, over the years they may think they have found a profound love soon realize it was simply nothing more than an intense liking that has faded as the years pass. Only a select few are privileged enough to find their passion in life. Today I feel honored to be able to say my passion is, was, and always will be the fitness industry.

When I was young I lifted weights with my father and in 1991 with guidance from Mr. Connecticut Claudio Mancuso I began training for my first bodybuilding competition. I competed in a variety of different organizations (AAU, NPC, ANBC, MM) and as the years passed my desire for the sport evolved from competition to promotion. I was determined to learn all facets of our sport. In 1993 with help from a good friend Fred Yale I promoted my first show and that's when Fitness Atlantic was born.

Fitness Atlantic has been the birthplace for top stars in the bodybuilding and fitness world. I take great pride in saying Morris Mendez, Lindsay Messina, Alicia Marie, Ulisses Jr, Annette Perry and so many other incredible athletes have started their careers right here with Fitness Atlantic. Before they were on the covers of Oxygen and Muscle & Fitness Magazine, they were on the stage at Fitness Atlantic. I am proud to say they are among the best competitors in the world and even prouder to say they are my friends.

Fitness Atlantic has always been and will always be committed to producing the highest quality fitness shows, the best competitors and the most innovative website in the fitness industry. To say I am excited about the future of Fitness Atlantic is an understatement. I have enjoyed every second of the past 20 years bringing Fitness Atlantic to you and I can't wait for the next 20. This industry has been my entire life since I was 14 years old, from competing in bodybuilding shows, running gyms in Connecticut for the past 19 years, to meeting my fiance Donna a former fitness competitor who stood by me during both good times and bad. Donna, Thank You.

Everyone has a dream and Fitness Atlantic is mine. There would be no Fitness Atlantic without all of you. Thank you for making Fitness Atlantic the new standard in the world of fitness competition. I look forward to announcing some huge surprises for the athletes in 2010 and becoming the largest non-sanctioned independently produced event in North America.

Sincerely,

Brian Cannone

Fitness Atlantic Producer
blog comments powered by Disqus