Friday, January 15, 2010

Fitness Atlantic Joining Forces with WBFF




Fitness Atlantic has joined forces with a federation in which the overall winners from Fitness Atlantic 2010 get to turn Professional and compete for cash, prizes and exposure in the fitness industry with magazines and photographers.

Read this post by Paul Dillett WBFF President - "The Way I see It"

There has recently been some unnecessary tension in our industry that needs to be addressed. In my decades of involvement in the fitness industry, I can assure you that I’ve seen my share of unjust behavior, opinions flying about (good and bad) and a great deal of subjectivity. One thing that I’m confident about is the knowledge that we’re all in this together; regardless of your affiliation, your goals or your personal beliefs. Our objective is to further the sport of bodybuilding and fitness and reap as many rewards that it has to offer.

The place to air any indiscretion is not by firing it from a cannon in hopes that everyone will hear it and respond favorably. As some of you may see, this hasn’t been the case recently with certain posts that have been circulating.

We, the WBFF, owe our support and gratitude to those who support our endeavors and who choose to travel on the same road that we share. In order for the fitness industry to continue to expand its horizons, this mentality should be maintained across the board. To engage in trivial bantering is counterproductive, belittling and unprofessional to say the least and only serves to harm those individuals of whom it is our intended goal of helping…the athletes.

I have faith in the WBFF brand and I have faith in the WBFF Team. We owe our present and continuing success not to one person but to every one of us; the athletes, the sponsors, the spectators, photographers, media and staff. We are not in this alone. I firmly believe that to be successful, you have to share in the success of others.

Having said this, I will continue to support other fitness and bodybuilding organizations that share our direction, that actively promote their participants and whose aim it is to raise the bar as we feel we are doing. Many of you have come to realize that I attend many of these fitness events with the UFE, IDFA, NPC, OPA and IFBB. I am and always will be an athlete first and a businessman second with my primary objective to give back to a sport that has given me the opportunities that I’m now able to share. I have experienced success and now my goal is to share this with as many people as I can and do the best job I’m able to in order to effect this. Once again, I am confident that I will continue with this success.

If you approve of what we’re doing, we acknowledge this. If you disapprove of our intentions, we also want to hear your suggestions; good, bad or otherwise. We are still in our infancy and we realize that we are fallible to making mistakes and are aware that we will never be the only ‘kid on the block’.

We see competition and the existence of other federations as a necessary element that will serve to keep us on our toes and continue to make the necessary adjustments to achieve those goals. We will never take for granted, or be too big for our britches to realize that we can be boastful, discriminate or unworthy.

We appreciate all of the positive feedback that we have recently received. I am thankful for what we do, who we are and what we share.

I will continue to deliver the best that I’m able to and once again thank you for your generosity. I look forward to seeing everyone in September for our World Championships. You won’t be disappointed.

Paul Dillett
President – World Bodybuilding & Fitness Federation

=====================================

Why should I consider competing with the WBFF? How is it different from any other organization out there?
The WBFF is different from any other organization out there to date. It was founded by an athlete, so we understand the needs as well as the ups and downs of all our competitors. We will utilize our relationships with all our partners to create sponsorship and marketing opportunities for the competitors and all of its members, in an industry that is constantly growing.

blog comments powered by Disqus